Establish cooperation between the civil societies in Turkey and the EU in environment, global warming and waste issues. Also it is expected to contribute to reducing global warming and protecting the environment in Turkey.
- A needs analysis is conducted to identify the situation, short-term and long-term needs, strengths and weaknesses and opinions of the municipalities in Turkey with regard to compost.
- Good composting practices in EU are being researched and collected.
- Field visits are organized to three best practices sites in EU.
- A handbook on compost is prepared for local governments. The handbook will include best practices, basic guidelines on various aspects of compost, and resources for further information.
- A one-day compost conference in İstanbul is organized.
- A project web site is designed, articles are written, briefing meetings are conducted, interviews are made and key documents are translated for awareness creation and promotion.