Establish cooperation between the civil societies in Turkey and the EU in environment, global warming and waste issues. Also it is expected to contribute to reducing global warming and protecting the environment in Turkey.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A needs analysis was conducted to identify the situation, short-term and long-term needs, strengths and weaknesses and opinions of the municipalities in Turkey with regard to compost.
- Good composting practices in EU were studied and collected.
- Field visits to compost facilities were organized to Torino, Brussels and Barcelona.
- A handbook including examples of best practices in composting, fundamentals and resources for more information, was prepared for local governments (http://www.turkeycomposts.org/dosya/kaynaklar/Belediyeler_Icin_Kompost_Rehberi.pdf).
- An Internatiıonal Compost Conference was organized to provide information and experience sharing to encourage the establishment of large and medium-scale composting plants. A total of 150 participants including representatives of municipalities, CSOs, educational and private sector attended the conference (turkeycomposts.org/konferanslar/ukk-2016.php).
- A website was designed to raise awareness. Articles on compost, meeting notes, interviews, translations and other resources are available at turkeycomposts.org.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/ID9OmQu3HV8 and https://youtu.be/C8fyQpv6aXc for interviews with the grant beneficiary.