The projects aimed to increase know-how in Turkey with best practices from Europe about legal, economic and social rights of refugees with special emphasis on children and to improve the educational conditions for child refugees in Turkey based on EU model. This increased cooperation between HAGEV and its EU partner in the area of children refugees.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Research on socio-economic situation of Syrians in İstanbul, the perceptions of local people on Syrain migrants and the best practices at EU level about migrant policies was conducted.
- An interactive website (http://www.syrround-eu.org/) was created to establish and sustain networks among CSOs both in EU countries and Turkey about integration of migrants.
- Two study visits were organized in order to observe best practices about migration and workshops were organized on special topics during these study visits. (http://www.syrround-eu.org/2015/08/31/syrround-children-in-italy/)
- A 3-month drama training was organized in a pilot kindergarten for both Turkish and Syrian children in order to support Syrian children’s adaptation to social life.
- The International Migration and Children Symposium was held in which the migration and childhood were analysed and proposals for healthy and feasible solutions were discussed with the participation of academicians from the EU countries, the United States and Turkey, CSO representatives and representatives of public institutions.
- A gala night was organized to share project results.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/AaxExRLHFDM and https://youtu.be/uoZU4JMrXtk for interviews with the grant beneficiary.