The objective of the project was to raise awareness about blood donation and to enhance the quantity of the blood donation. It also aimed to establish an innovative and sustainable blood donation system in Eskişehir with the cooperation of Eskişehir Chamber of Commerce, Anatolia University and Eskişehir Osmangazi University.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Questionnaire and photo shooting activities were performed with donors and patients in the blood donation centres.
- Blood donation campaigns in Turkey, Europe and the world were analysed and a literature review was conducted.
- A study visit to Portugal was organized and CSOs were conducted to gain information about the blood donation implementation. Information was given on the efforts of the Turkish Red Crescent to increase blood donation. A workshop titled “Future of the Blood Donation” was held.
- A brainstorming camp with the participation of university students was organized. Students’ creative ideas to increase blood donation were collected.
- A photograph exhibition about blood donation and saving lives was organized.
- Goodwill agreements were signed with Eskişehir Chamber of Commerce and Eskişehir Tax Office. Pilot blood donation dates have been arranged.
- In order to increase blood donation awareness, labels were prepared for use on various commercial products and in public spaces. Labels were first used in Eskişehir Chamber of Commerce and Eskişehir Tax Department. Surveys were conducted with representatives from different sectors of the society such as universities and the business world, and opinions were collected.
- A simulation (game) was designed to be used with virtual reality glasses to raise awareness about blood donation.
- Videos are prepared regarding personal experiences -after use glasses and labelling- in Turkish Red Crescent blood centers and high schools / universities.
- A closing meeting was held and project results were shared with the International Federation of Red Cross.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/qfWUYcwNkG8 and https://youtu.be/EEjcHnX-q_4 for interviews with the grant beneficiary.