In Mersin, it was aimed to use modern agricultural methods in the cultivation of prickly (Indian) figs and adopt innovative methods in rural development by adding a new product to the local product range. In addition, a prickly fig producers’ association was aimed to be established within the scope of the project.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- The data about the land and production phases of Pricly (Indian) fig were analysed,
- Technical trainings on prickly pears were organized for 25 agricultural engineers.
- 500 farmers were trained by agricultural engineers who completed their technical trainings and pilot areas were allocated in Erdemli, Aydıncık and Silifke to cultivate prickly (Indian) figs.
- A workshop on cultivation, harvesting, storage and marketing of prickly (Indian) fig was organized.
- Studies for the establishment of the producer association of prickly (Indian) fig started.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/HgTuoXSmILk and https://youtu.be/Ocn1936SOSc for interviews with the grant beneficiary.