In Mersin, it is aimed to use modern agricultural methods in the cultivation of prickly (Indian) figs and adopt innovative methods in rural development by adding a new product to the local product range. In addition, a prickly fig producers’ association will be established within the scope of the project.
- The data about the land and production phases of Pricly (Indian) fig are analysed,
- Technical trainings ob prickly pears are organized for 25 agricultural engineers.
- 500 farmers are trained by agricultural engineers who complete their technical trainings.
- Pilot areas are allocated in Erdemli, Aydıncık and Silifke to cultivate prickly (Indian) figs.
- A one-week a study visit to Italy is organized to observe the prickly (Indian) fig gardens. A workshop on cultivation, harvesting, storage and marketing of prickly (Indian) fig is organized.
- Prickly fig is introduced through brochures and a web site.
- The producer association of prickly (Indian) fig is established.