Experience exchange was aimed to be enhanced between Turkish and European civil society organizations (CSOs) regarding refugee welcoming services. Through developing a pilot volunteering program on refugee welcoming, it was aimed to raise awareness regarding the refugee problems, protection of refugees and importance of finding permanent solutions for this issue both in Turkey and the European Union.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Cooperation and good practice sharing have been made, expanded and strengthened among stakeholders in Turkey and the EU, working on refugee protection and services.
- The quantity and quality of services and assistance to refugees to ensure protection (including: registration, identification of needs, legal support and referral to mainstream (healthcare, education, housing, employment) and specialised services (psychosocial services, gender based violence etc.) were increased and improved.
- A volunteering programme in CSO and referral systems was established and piloted.
- Awareness on refugee protection and durable solutions for refugees at local levels was increased, engaging universities and local authorities.
- The resettlement of refugees and other legal remedies were proposed and the European action was taken to share responsibility with Turkey.
- Information about the project can be accessed at http://resettlement.eu/page/%E2%80%9Cvolunteering-refugee-protection-strengthening-refugee-assistance-services-turkey%E2%80%9D
- Please visit https://youtu.be/6cxy2dDOWp4 and https://youtu.be/tki_6VLHuyc for interviews with the grant beneficiary.