Experience exchange will be enhanced between Turkish and European civil society organizations (CSOs) regarding refugee welcoming services. Through developing a pilot volunteering program on refugee welcoming, it is aimed to raise awareness regarding the refugee problems, protection of refugees and importance of finding permanent solutions for this issue both in Turkey and the European Union.
- Initiate, widen and strengthen cooperation and exchange of practices between stakeholders in Turkey and the European Union working in refugee protection and the provision of services to refugees.
- Increase quantity and quality of services and assistance to refugees to ensure protection (including: registration, identification of needs, legal support and referral to mainstream (healthcare, education, housing, employment) and specialised services (psychosocial services, gender based violence etc.)
- Pilot the establishment of a volunteering programme engaging citizens in delivering NGO services and in supporting referral systems.
- Raise awareness on refugee protection of- and durable solutions for refugees at local levels, engaging universities and local authorities.
- Mobilise support in Europe on the need for responsibility-sharing with Turkey by means of offering resettlement and other legal pathways for refugees.