A strategy was prepared to prevent the early school leaving of Roma children in Mersin and Sofia. Best practices was shared and the rate of school leaving was aimed to be decreased by increasing motivation about education. Awareness of Roma families about importance of education was be strengthened.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Workshops were organized in Mersin and Sofia with the participation of relevant CSOs, public institutions and local actors and a strategy to fight against early school leaving was prepared. An international symposium was organized to share the prepared strategy with all stakeholders and members of teh Roman Forum. .
- Roundtable meetings and trainings were held with managers and teachers of three schools in Mersin.
- Home visits were made to the families of the Roma children who were studying at three selected schools. Some families were convinced to send their children back to school.
- Drama studies were conducted and performed to motivate the Roma children for attending the school.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/ErF2jgQAUL0 and https://youtu.be/b8NMqhXfk1A for interviews with the grant beneficiary.