Contribute to deepening the knowledge of Turkish civil society with the policies of the European Union concerning human rights of refugees/asylum seekers/immigrants. In this framework, it is aimed to enhance institutional capacity of Turkish civil society organizations and local authorities in the region of Gaziantep, in developing and implementing political reforms concerning human rights of refugees/asylum seekers/immigrants.
- A stakeholder analysis and a baseline survey are conducted to identify relevant stakeholders working or being involved in migration issues in Italy and in Turkey, as well as to assess the correctness and depth of information among them related to EU values, fundamental rights, policies and praxis of refugees/asylum seekers/immigrants.
- Two comparative studies are conducted on legislation praxis and provision of services on human rights of refugees/asylum seekers/immigrants in Turkey and in Italy with special focus on target regions.
- A study visit is organized to Italy and a Joint Report including recommendation guidelines for migrant workers is elaborated by drawing from the comparative studies and the study visit to Italy.
- A booklet including recommendations for professionals dealing with migration issues in Italy and Turkey is published and disseminated.
- An International Conference on the comparative results of the studies is held in Gaziantep.