The population and habitats of cranes in Turkey were preserved and cooperation between Germany and Turkey was increased.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A 20-day site visit was organized for monitoring the habitats of cranes with the participation of local stakeholders.
- Awareness raising meetings were held for neighborhood representatives, hunters and shepherds in 4 provinces.
- A preservation team was established in Turkey and 30 participants were trained. The binoculars obtained within the framework of the project were submitted to trained participants for monitoring cranes.
- Awareness raising activities for the preservation of cranes were organized for public. turkiyeninturnalari.org website was established. Brochures with the theme of “Turnalarımız sadece şarkılarda kalmasın” were published. Posters with “Let’s Conserve Our Cranes Together” theme were published, framed and hung in schools and public institutions.
- Seminars for teachers and students were held in schools.
- A study visit to Germany was organized for the improvement of the civil society dialogue and for experience sharing.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/wn4okR_pyZ8 and https://youtu.be/8d-A17FZYag for interviews with the grant beneficiary.