Awareness of the local fishery cooperatives in the Gökova Bay region was raised with respect to EU Fisheries Policy and their capacities was increased in fisheries management and small scaled fishery activities were monitored with mobile technologies.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A needs analysis study was conducted for fishers in the Gökova Bay in order to assist them in forming a producers association.
- Trainings for small scale fishers were organized with respect to EU Fisheries Policy.
- Effective resource management trainings were organized for fishers and local stakeholders in the Gökova Bay and collaboration and communication were strengthened.
- An action plan was developed to analyze the current situation of fisheries policies for producer organizations and to establish fishing cooperatives.
- An electronic monitoring and protection system was developed in Gökova BAy to detect illegal fishing activities.
- The fishers in Akyaka Fisheries Cooperative were trained on data collection techniques and fish from the cooperative were recorded.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/rU2SertCshg and https://youtu.be/2f7ep5lllDE for interviews with the grant beneficiary.