A report on the green economy policy was prepared based on best practices in EU countries. Local and national policies on energy, city and land were developed. Using this data, lobbying activities were expected to be conducted in governmental institutions.
- Sectoral workshops were organized in order to prepare a participatory policy proposal. The first of these workshops was Climate-Friendly Cities and Green Economy Workshop (http://web.yesildusunce.org/uncategorized/iklim-dostu-kentler-ve-yesil-ekonomi-calistayi/). Discussions were made and experiences were shared on increasing energy efficiency in buildings, fight against climate change in passive buildings and cities, closing urban centers to traffic, increasing bicycle use for transportation, prevention of floods and heat islands and adaptation to climate change adaptation through establishment of urban/community gardens.
- The second workshop organized was the Climate Friendly Energy and Green Economy Workshop in which local governments’ prospects for energy transformation and renewable energy sources were discussed. http://web.yesildusunce.org/uncategorized/iklim-dostu-enerji-politikalari-ve-yesil-ekonomi-calistayi-gerceklesti/)
- Study visits to Çanakkale, İzmir, Bursa and Brussels were organized to facilitate the dialogue among groups working on climate change and to establish a network. (http://web.yesildusunce.org/yesil-iklim-yesil-ekonomi-projesi/)
- Meetings were held in İstanbul and EU to share project results. A policy report will be prepared and shared with the relevant ministries.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/V4s2IZW3GcQ and https://youtu.be/2GNDystMcb8 for interviews with the grant beneficiary.