Constitute in situ management of the park and raise public awareness on marine biodiversity and environmental conservation through educative materials and the settlement of an underwater trail.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- The first underwater park/trail of Turkey in which visitors can observe and experience the local diversity was established.
- Informative signs, posters and brochures on local marine biodiversity and its conservation were prepared for visitors and children.
- Social media accounts were established to increase visibility of the underwater park (https://www.facebook.com/gokceadasualtidenizparki/?fref=ts) and project activities were promoted through these accounts.
- Fisheries activities are monitored by park rangers within the park in order to help the implementation of the practices for the sustainability of marine resources in Gökçeada.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/iCH7no8B3OQ and https://youtu.be/5QbpXS0xU8s for interviews with the grant beneficiary.