In order to combat with early school leaving, capacity of local teachers in Gaziantep and youth workers in Eskisehir who worked on experimental learning approach was raised. Experiential learning was localized by using Paulo Freire technique. Teachers had the opportunity to work with 353 elementary and high school students through local trainings and dialogue meetings held in schools. They started to apply their branch courses in an interactive way.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A training of trainers on experiental learning was organized in istanbul for teachers and youth workers who were determined through an open call in Turkey.
- Study visits to Estonia and Greece were organized for teachers and youth workers.
- In Gaziantep and Eskişehir, trainers applied experiential learning methods in their classes.
- As a result of these experiences, a book titled Experiential Learning and the Synthesis of the Pedagogy of the Oppressed was written. (deneyimselogrenme.com/2017/02/23/ezilenlerin-deneyimsel-pedagojisi/)
- A comprehensive closing conference was organized with the participation of teh representatives of universitiesö CSOs and the public institutions. During the conference, an interactive online conversation was also realised with David A. Kolb.
- A website was designed to share project activities, results and publications.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/EKuFE31BjrA and https://youtu.be/TsN29OCtNuo for interviews with the grant beneficiary. .