The aim was to enhance cooperation between civil society organizations and municipalities in Turkey and in EU member countries England, France and Italy on the theme of trans-national cultural routes as tools of cultural co-operation, sustainable rural development and social cohesion. Marketing, branding and promotion approaches regarding cultural routes of the European Union and Turkey were integrated.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Culture Routes Administration, Implementation Guide and Cross-Border Culture Routes Plan were prepared in Turkish and Italian.
- The Eurasian Cultural Route was identified and the promotional film was prepared for the part of the route that goes through Egirdir (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf70cDwiSoM). The promotional film was exhibited in Demre, Eğirdir and İnegöl.
- Marketing plan and promotional materials for the Cultural Routes were prepared. All these materials and project outputs were published on the project website.
- Cultural Route Management Guide was prepared in compliance with European standards.
- Inegol, located on the route, was selected as pilot for the test walk and a route map was prepared in English and Turkish for the test to be carried out in this part of the route. A Greek guide who test-walks on the pilot section, and 4 Italian students studying who studied in or graduated from the cultural heritage management or art history departments took photographs and shot short videos which have been disseminated through social media.
- Photographs taken during the test walk were exhibited in Eğirdir, İnegöl and Demre.
- A report which included recommendations for the recognition and the protection of cultural routes in Turkey was prepared and shared with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/2ItQsu5_m38 and https://youtu.be/8irEqm2qnDcfor interviews with the grant beneficiary.