Develop capacity to select the Natura 2000 areas in the forest areas of Turkey and strengthen the civil dialogue based on EU policies for nature conservation.
- National data which is necessary for selecting Natura 2000 areas is collected and this data is compared with Germany. The data which is deficient or unavailable for the selection of Natura 2000 areas is estimated.
- Relevant research and field study types for species and habitats are determined according to the data deficits.
- Field studies and research on species or habitats are conducted and these included analysis, mapping, interpretation and evaluation.
- Species and habitats which are top priority according to national and international level red lists are determined, mapped and characterized.
- The required procedures to implement Natura 2000 are evaluated.
- A report listing the best practices for the implementation of the Natura 2000 concept in the forested areas of Turkey is prepared.
- Meetings and a joint workshop are organized with local/regional NGOs and local communities to introduce the Natura 2000 concept and to share the project results.
- A report on the standard procedures for the selection of Natura 2000 areas is prepared in English and Turkish and shared with European Commission and relevant Turkish public institutions.