Develop capacity to select the Natura 2000 areas in the forest areas of Turkey and strengthen the civil dialogue based on EU policies for nature conservation.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A study visit to Berlin was organized. Germany’s and EU’s experiences in Natura 2000 were shared and forest areas were visited.
- National data which is necessary for selecting Natura 2000 areas was collected and this data was compared with Germany.
- Field studies and research on species or habitats were conducted and these included analysis, mapping, interpretation and evaluation.
- Species and habitats which are top priority according to national and international level red lists were determined, mapped and characterized.
- The required procedures to implement Natura 2000 were evaluated.
- A report listing the best practices for the implementation of the Natura 2000 concept in the forested areas of Turkey was prepared.
- Meetings and workshops were organized with local/regional NGOs and local communities to introduce the Natura 2000 concept and to share the project results.
- A report on the standard procedures for the selection of Natura 2000 areas was prepared in English and Turkish.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/SxH6xHGoGds and https://youtu.be/By_esognS9M for interviews with the grant beneficiary.