The handicaps and drawbacks about inclusive education in the current educational situation practiced in the schools both in Turkey and in Germany were identified. A solid base was created for improving the situation. A universally applicable In-service Inclusive Teacher Training Curriculum was designed based on the findings of the research and it was aimed to increase the number of qualified teachers for inclusive education.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A comprehensive evidence-based study aiming to determine comparatively the approaches of teachers in Germany and Turkey on inclusive education and including methods such as questionnaires, literature review, pre- and post-attitude measures, and in-situ observations, was conducted.
- In line with this research, an in-service training program for teachers working in pilot schools in Istanbul was established and implemented.
- The results of this training were discussed in an open panel in which trainers, lawyers and professors and psychiatrists such as Yankı Yazgan also participated.
- The In-Service Training Curriculum and Inclusive Teacher’s Guide were prepared for inclusive training.
- A web site was designed to share the results, activities and publications of the Education for Inclusion Project.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/9uMo5_20WEA and https://youtu.be/_9ExN6dOjtI for interviews with the grant beneficiary.