The aim was to eliminate stigmatization and discrimination against children of prisoners in formal education. Studies were conducted to force governmental authorities to take protective precautions for these children and best practices in Europe were spread among Turkish CSOs and academicians. Public awareness was raised on the subject.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Best practices were observed on site. Site visits to the project partner in France and to the CSOs in its network were organized. A prison in Turkey was visited.
- Capacity building trainings were organized for teachers, school counselors, teachers from prison kindergardens and prison staff.
- Trainings on effective parenting were organized for prioners with kids.
- A psychometric research was conducted in focus groups including mothers and fathers in prison and trained taechers and staff to determine the difficulties and possible solutions.
- A closing conference in which project results were shared was organized in İstanbul with the participation of CSO representatives and experts.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/20dhDS7zEyw and https://youtu.be/qm8YQKPGFgg for interviews with the grant beneficiary.