Eliminate stigmatization and discrimination against children of prisoners in formal education. Studies will be conducted to force governmental authorities to take protective precautions for these children and best practices in Europe will be spread among Turkish CSOs and academicians. Public awareness will be raised on the subject.
- Best practices are observed on site. Site visits to the project partner in France and to the CSOs in its network are organized. A prison in Turkey is visited.
- Capacity building trainings are organized for teachers, school counselors, teachers from prison kindergardens and prison staff.
- Trainings on effective parenting are organized for prioners with kids.
- A psychometric researchis conducted in focus groups including mothers and fathers in prison and trained taechers and staff to determine the difficulties and possible solutions.
- Participation of the children of prisoners participate in the “Annual Best Practices” meeting planned by the European Network is ensured.
- Advocacy meeting with Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Family and Social Policies and Ministry of Education are held in the light of the project outcomes.