Exchange of information and expertise between Turkey and Italy involved in brown bear populations management towards the implementation of EU policies and legislation.
- An assessment of the data present on brown bear population in the two countries is carried out and shared.
- Two study visits to Adamello Brenta Nature Park are organized and experts of the subject come together. Brown bear ecology, conservation and management of population related to human dimension are discussed during the meetings.
- A study visit Sarikamis National Park is organized and technical meetings are held with experts and academicians.
- An international workshop is organized for knowledge sharing on brown bear population management practices.
- A bilingual brochure on best practices for human-bear conflict prevention and management is prepared.
- Educational material on environmental conservation and brown bears is prepared for children.
- 10 awareness seminars are organized in Kars. The project results will be shared during the seminars which will be held in schools and also for local tourism operators working in ecotourism and local community.
- Opportunities available for ecotourism in the Sarıkamış National Park are promoted through a website and social media.
- Local communities and tourism operators in the area of Kars are supported for the promotion of the ecotourism in the region.