Dialogue, networking, technology transfer and bilateral exchanges among stakeholders from the medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs) and black truffle sectors (cultivation and/or wild collection) were promoted. It was aimed to establish strong mutual agreements between Spanish and Turkish CSOs as a foundation for long-term collaboration.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Diagnosis of the socioeconomic characteristics of the non-wood forest products sector was actualized .
- Capacity building and participatory activities with and for MAPs and black truffle producers in South West Turkey were held.
- Key reference materials related to agroforestry and entrepreneurial aspects of the sustainable production of MAPs and black truffle were developed.
- A study visit to Spain was held with the participation of relevant institutions from Turkey.
- Organizations in South West Turkey were informed about the new production options and markets..
- Networking and lobbying activities for establishing collaborative agreements between Spain and Turkey were held.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/B0TS2C9Zwr0 and https://youtu.be/KO58Zv8znWI for interviews with the grant beneficiary.