A free application for smart phones was developed and a web-based database was created to record, monitor, and evaluate the data on marine biodiversity in the Black Sea. The project also aimed to ensure public participation in data collection and to increase public awareness.
ACTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- A smartphone application titled Black Sea Watch was developed and put into practice to monitor and record the species in the Black Sea. This application is being downloaded and used on the phones.
- A species catalogue for the Black Sea was prepared. The electronic version of the catalogue prepared in English, Turkish and Bulgarian is available at http://blackseawatch.org/Catalog.aspx.
- Project website was established (http://blackseawatch.org).
- English, Turkish and Bulgarian brochures were printed to introduce the smartphone application developed within the scope of the project.
- A booklet for children was published in English, Turkish and Bulgarian to raise awareness about biodiversity in the Black Sea.
- Please visit https://youtu.be/jceMiMrOMTQ and https://youtu.be/U2oDjwL2Cm8 for interviews with the grant beneficiary.