GRANT SCHEME FOR GRASSROOTS CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS
The Ministry for EU Affairs has launched a new Grant Scheme for Grassroots CSOs.
This grant scheme, which was launched on 21 June 2017, is implemented by the Ministry for EU Affairs under the Civil Society Sector. Initiated with the motto of participatory, active and strong local organization, this program aims to refine the functional capacity of CSOs.
Grassroots CSOs that would like to benefit from the grant support, can design projects to increase the capacity needed for management, communication and advocacy work and benefit from the grant.
WHO ARE GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATIONS?
A grassroots civil society organisation is a self-organised group of individuals pursuing common interests through a volunteer-based, non-profit organisation. Within the context of this grant scheme, a grassroots CSO is a type of CSO:
- Which is established through a local initiative by local people, and
- Which has no branches, and
- Which has annual average income (including membership fees, donations and funds) of max. Euro 60.000 in the last fiscal year.
WHO CAN APPLY TO THE GRANT SCHEME FOR GRASSROOTS CSOs?
In order to be eligible for the grant, the CSO must:
- be established before the launch date of call for proposals and be a legal non-profit entity
- be a grassroots CSO in Turkey with a status of association or foundation
Branches or representative offices or contact offices/bureaus of organisations (those that do not have legal personality), social solidarity foundations, chambers, labour and employer unions, chambers of commerce and industry, commodity exchanges, syndicates, cooperatives, other professional organizations and their federations and confederations, research institutes, schools, public institutions and non-profit making companies that are not established as association or foundation can not apply to this call for proposals.
DURATION AND LOCATION OF THE PROJECT
- All project actions must take place in Turkey. In addition, if properly justified, some activities can be implemented in other countries. However, such activities cannot constitute the major part of the action.
- The project implementation period may not be lower than 10 months nor exceed 12 months.
HOW MUCH GRANT SUPPORT IS PROVIDED?
The total budget of the Grant Scheme for Grassroots CSOs is EUR 1.750.000. Applicants can receive grants for project activities in a minimum amount of 40.000 and a maximum amount of 60,000 euros. The grant amount can be minimum 50% and maximum 90% of the total eligible costs.
WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY?
- Applicants must apply in English.
- In the first instance, applications are submitted to the Central Finance and Contracts Unit (CFCU) by completing the Concept Note, which is specified in Section A of the Guidelines for Grant Applicants. Since the initial evaluation will be performed only on this concept note, no additional documents are needed to be sent.
- An organisation may submit more than one application but can receive grant support for only one application.
- Applicants who are shortlisted after the evaluation of the concept notes will be asked to fill the Grant Application Form Part B again in English and complete their applications together with their logical framework and budget.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION?
The first applications consisting of the concept note must be delivered to the Central Finance and Contracts Unit by hand-delivery or mail by 18 August 2017, 17:00pm.
WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION PERIOD?
Your questions are answered!
CSOs who have questions about the application process can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 28 July 2017. The answers of all the questions compiled in this address will be published on August 7, 2017 at www.cfcu.gov.tr.
During the Information Days, the application process is supported!
Detailed information about grant application guidelines are provided in these meetings which are organized with the participation of grassroot CSOs and workshops are organized to support the project idea development of CSOs.
Follow the Civil Society Sector social media accounts for dates and provinces of the information days.
Check the application guidelines!
The application guide that includes all the details and documents related to the grant application process is available at www.cfcu.gov.tr and www.ab.gov.tr.
Follow on social media!
You can follow the Grant Scheme for Grassroots CSOs on Ministry for EU Affairs Civil Society Sector social media accounts:
Facebook/Sivil Toplum Sektörü
Youtube/Sivil Toplum Sektörü