MINISTRY FOR EU AFFAIRS CIVIL SOCIETY SECTOR GRANT SCHEME FOR PARTNERSHIPS AND NETWORKS;
POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP STRONG COOPERATION
WE SUPPORT CIVIL NETWORKS AND PARTNERSHIP, PUBLIC-CSO COOPERATION
WHAT IS THE GRANT SCHEME FOR PARTNERSHIPS AND NETWORKS?
The Ministry for EU Affairs has launched a new grant scheme which aims to strengthen the partnerships and networks among civil society organizations.
The Grant Scheme for Partnerships and Networks, which was launched on 3 July 2017, is implemented by the Ministry for EU Affairs under the Civil Society Sector.
With this grant scheme which supports the better participation of civil society organisations in the policy and decision-making processes, it is aimed to strengthen the capacity of organized active citizens and CSOs, to support the partnerships established and to establish more powerful cooperation with public institutions.
Those who would like to benefit from the grant support can design and submit projects that aim to improve the legal and financial structure that will support CSOs and activists, strengthen cooperation between CSOs and public institutions and develop CSOs’ administrative and institutional capacities. Applicants must include at least two of these priority areas in their projects when designing their activities.
WHO CAN APPLY TO THE GRANT SCHEME FOR PARTNERSHIPS AND NETWORKS?
In order to be eligible for the grant, the CSO must:
- be established before the launch date of call for proposals (3 July 2017) and be a legal non-profit entity.
- be a CSO from Turkey (associations; foundations; federations and confederations of associations or foundations).
- Municipalities and universities can benefit from this grant as co-applicants.
- The lead applicant must act with at least two co-applicants, on being from Turkey.
Branches or representative offices or contact offices/bureaus of organisations (those that do not have legal personality), international organizations, social solidarity foundations, chambers, labour and employer unions, chambers of commerce and industry, commodity exchanges, syndicates, cooperatives, other professional organizations and their federations and confederations, research institutes (those not affiliated to universities), schools, public institutions and non-profit making companies that are not established as association or foundation or federation or confederation cannot apply to this call for proposals. They can, however, be associates in the projects.
DURATION AND LOCATION OF THE PROJECT
- All project actions must take place in Turkey. In addition, if properly justified, some activities can be implemented in other countries. However, such activities cannot constitute the major part of the action.
- The project implementation period may not be lower than 18 months nor exceed 24 months.
HOW MUCH GRANT SUPPORT IS PROVIDED?
The total budget of the Grant Scheme for Partnerships and Networks is EUR 2.500.000. Applicants can receive grants for project activities in a minimum amount of 250.000 and a maximum amount of 500,000 euros. The grant amount can be minimum 50% and maximum 90% of the total eligible costs.
WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY?
- Applicants must apply in English.
- In the first instance, applications are submitted to the Central Finance and Contracts Unit (CFCU) by completing the Concept Note, which is specified in Section A of the Guidelines for Grant Applicants. Since the initial evaluation will be performed only on this concept note, no additional documents are needed to be sent.
- An organisation may submit only one application as an applicant or co-applicant and benefit from only one grant.
- Applicants who are shortlisted after the evaluation of the concept notes will be asked to fill the Grant Application Form Part B again in English and complete their applications together with their logical framework and budget.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION?
The first applications consisting of the concept note must be delivered to the Central Finance and Contracts Unit by hand-delivery or mail by 6 October 2017, 17:00pm.
WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THE APPLICATION PERIOD?
Your questions are answered!
CSOs who have questions about the application process can send an e-mail to email@example.com no later than 21 days before the deadline for the submission. The answers of all the questions compiled in this address will be published on www.cfcu.gov.tr no later than 11 days before the deadline for the submission.
During the Information Days, the application process is supported!
Information days in which project development workshops besides detailed information and practice sessions will take place, are organized. Please follow www.cfcu.gov.tr and the Civil Society Sector social media accounts for the info days calendar and provinces.
You can apply electronically at goo.gl/XNmDib to attend the information days.
Check the application guidelines!
The application guide that includes all the details and documents related to the grant application process is available at www.cfcu.gov.tr and www.ab.gov.tr.
Follow on social media!
You can follow the Grant Scheme for Partnerships and Networks on Ministry for EU Affairs Civil Society Sector social media accounts:
Facebook/Sivil Toplum Sektörü
Youtube/Sivil Toplum Sektörü